Alexander (Sandy) Beard
Chief Executive Officer
Sandy Beard has the following professional qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- CEO and Director of ASX listed CVC Limited (placed 10th in 2005 BRW Fast 100)
- Director of the venture capital funds CVC Private Equity Limited, CVC REEF and CVC Sustainable Investments
- Director of ASX listed Amadeus Limited, Cellnet Limited, Mnet Limited and GEO Property Group Limited
- Director of other public companies over the past 10 years, and numerous private companies
Sandy has been with CVC Limited since 1991, initially as Group Financial Controller, and since 2000, as Chief Executive Officer.
He has extensive experience with investee businesses, both in providing advice and in direct management roles, especially bringing management expertise to early-stage businesses. He has implemented management information systems, financial reporting systems, and internal operating and control procedures. He has also assisted businesses in value engineering product ranges and introducing market-oriented product lines.
Sandy has implemented significant company restructuring and recruited new management teams for growth businesses. His negotiation experience includes successes in private placement and in contractual arrangements involving banking facilities, distribution arrangements and processing agreements.